Monday 14 March 2011

Blog Challenges 5

Hello again! Back for more challenges this week, and here they are!

Passion for Promarkers.  Apologies for another House Mouse image, but I am a bit addicted to these at the moment. I stamped the image and coloured with promarkers, die cut using nesties scalloped circlesn then mounted onto die cut mirri board circles. Backed a 6" sqaure card blank with a K+Co 12X12 paper cut to fit. I added the sentiment from a pack from Hunky Dory.


Sarah Hurley, Rainbow Lady and Crafty Sentiments. I backed an A5 scalloped edge card blank with a 12X12 paper, cut to fit. I used Black Magic Coredinations with a pink core and embossed with swirl design that I then sanded back. Wrapped a fluffy fibre around the matt. Stamped the House Mouse Image and die cut it using nesties, coloured the image with promarkers. I added the sentiments to complete the card.



MAWTT this card was made for the dad of a lady at work as a get well card. He is having a big operation soon and he has a passion for all things nautical. I used a La Pashe Framin' card kit so he has something to keep until he's fed up of it. I covered the aperture with acetate to give it more of a picture feel.


Polkadoodles - I really struggle to come up with ideas at times and when the theme black n white was mentioned I went straight to my music themed stash. As I grew up the daughter of a Beatles fan I have been a fan of heirs all my life and just thought this image stood out. I also added a logo from their record label for the added colour of choice, hence the green apple.


I stamped the "laydee" onto an A6 postcard blank. Coloured in with pencils. Glittered the feathers n frills. Added a gem to the hat and for her earring.
Used a Martha Stewart punch for two corners and a small rounder for the other two. Backed an A5 card blank added topper, sentiment and border peel off.


Thanks for stopping by!


21 comments:

Shirley said...

OOO, fab cards. :)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jacqui, what a fantastic card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with my "food & drink" challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you for playing at OSAAT this week.
Hugs Nataliya.

oheidia said...

Great card for the "food and drink" theme!

Thanks for joining our challenge at pfp:=)

coops said...

gorgeous card jacqui.i love the adorable image and great colours and design.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Colette said...

Love the Beatles card, great way to use the theme this week, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles, good luck! Colette xx

Rainbow Lady said...

Not a house mouse fan but these are cute. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

Claire said...

Gorgeous cards! Love them all. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck
claire xx

Audrey said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah they are all brilliant again Jax. I think the Boats one is my fav, Love it, thanks for playing along with us on Crafty Sentiments, Rainbow Lady, MAWTT and OSAAT this week, Love Hazelxoxo

Kim. said...

Beautiful cards, they are all really pretty. I love the House Mouse too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
Kim xXx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous creations Jacqui, love them all, especially the frame.
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Axa said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

DesignerDiva said...

What a great bunch of cards, love the idea of the frame card. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck
Laurie x

Saskia said...

You're so creative! Great to see your work at Polka Doodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Carole Z said...

Loving your cards! I've become a bit of a house mouse addict too & they were a best seller at my craft fair today...love what you've done with them

Fliss said...

Really lovely cards. Your Beatles one is very graphic and striking.
Thanks for joining in with my Polka Doodles colour challenge and hope to see you again.
x

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our B&W plus one colour challenge - great card! Love your Beatles project and the apple - fab! Cheers Claire x

Tip Top said...

Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Lovely cards, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Unknown said...

Lovely cards!

Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this week :o)

Sarah x