Sunday 16 June 2013

PaperArtsy play along - talk about cutting it fine!!!!!!

This project was supposed to be a simple paint and crackle job, bit of stamping and Bobs you're Aunty.

WRONG!!!!!! I invested in some Kroma Crackle medium, it takes forever to dry and crackle and frankly - due to the amount you use to achieve an effect let alone decent effect is about the price of gold per ounce!!!!!

I had a box begging to be altered and France Papillon did a chest of drawers on PA, so the box was the nearest thing I had.  I used a very deep green undercoat, coloured as per instructions on Kroma in Fresco Finish Guacamole and layered it on, Kroma says to go at leas 1mm thick to get an effect.  The crackles are almost microscopic, so I used and ink wash technique used by model builders to try and tease them out a bit more.  I then used the script text from an Eclectic plate and the sentiment from a Hotpick of sentiments/words.

I couldn't find a metal frame so made one out of grunge board and Faux tarnish metalised it with treasure gold Gold and Patina and texture paste. I added the metal corners also tarnished with TG patina, which I'd used on the hinges and clasp.

The butterfly was stamped onto white card and the whole frame was added to the top.

Here it is!







I am entering this in PaperArtsy - France Papillon
Anything but a Card - challenge 21
Challenges for everybody - anything goes
The Squirrel and the Fox - Use something metal



No comments: