Sunday 9 June 2013

Steampunk Kilt pin

My OH had seen some Steampunk jewellery components in Debbi Moore's weekly newsletter, so one fine sunny Saturday we toddled down.  CLOSED - yes on a Saturday!!!!  So I decided to have a full hour for lunch on Friday and took myself across Darlington, which, on foot was far easier than by car I have to say.

I had been in Primarni/Pradamark on the Thursday lunchtime and found a lot of jewellery in there for 50p - many of which had steampunk components so I filled my boots knowing I could "strip them down" and reuse in lots of ways.

I also had quite a stash already of jewellery components, but whilst I was in Debbi Moore's I saw the watch - a working timepiece and "had to have it".  This is the only expensive component in the wholepiece, and as a first proper go at jewellery making not a bad effort.


Challenges entered: Punkyougirl - Anything goes
Simply Steampunk - Timepieces



6 comments:

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

I love it. I want one too

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

Loverly! :) Love that watch face too!!
Michelle x

Helen said...

Not bad, she says? It's fabulous!!

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Jacqui great piece thanks for playing along with us at PunkyouGirl on our first challenge technically we are a paper crafting challenge blog but as it's our first and an anything goes I will let you off lol hope you will join us again and again
Jacki xx

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with Simply Steampunk. xxD

Emily Shroom said...

Awesome piece of jewellery and practical too! Thanks for joining us at Simply Steampunk Challenges :-)