Monday 26 August 2013

Inspired by Helen Chilton

Being PaperArtsy's 10th Birthday month we have been inspired by many Guest Designers over the course of each weekend this month.  Here is my take on what Helen Chilton did on Sunday.

I started with a pre paint and crackled heart I had awaiting final decoration, I also used this heart as a template to cut a smaller heart out of Grey Board.  I painted this to match.  I then stamped the images from LPC003 onto tissue and painted highlights on the reverse in Bora Bora, Zesty Zing, Rose, Cinnamon and pansy and then once dry went over the whole in Concrete to make the highlights pop a bit.

I stamped the script from HP1006 onto both sides of the big heart and the front of the little one (should have not done the little one to define it from the big one but hey ho).  I then attached the boy image to the little heart and attached this to the front.  I stuck the lady on the back and stencilled Very Berry through the leaf design.


Front


Back



As everyone else seems to take photos in their gardens I decided to make use of my Juniper!

11 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous, Jax, I love your hearts.

Anonymous said...

That's lovely Jax, the colours are fab. Amazing how different it looks with the stencilled GP added.

Lin said...

Brilliant Jax xx

Julie Lee said...

Really nice take on the Helen Chilton inspiration. I love the way it looks among the branches of your juniper tree. Julie Ann xx

sam21ski said...

Oh I can see now what you mean about your little heart being lost in your big one, next time you'll have to choose an alternative colour so it stands out more, but you can still see it and it looks fab, as does the other side.

Sam xxx

Trish said...

They are really lovely!

Sue said...

This is lovely Jax, fab stencilling xx

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

PaperArtsy said...

You are deffo on a PA roll!!! Love the colours, the stamps and everything!!

ionabunny said...

Great colours. I love the script stamping and how you have kept the colours pale on the image. Lovely make

craftimamma said...

Love your interpretation of Helen's heart Jax.

Hugs
Lesley Xx