Over on PaperArtsy blog this week the lovely Joanne Wardle is showing us how to do "Clean And Simple", not something I have been successful at in any aspect of crafting, cooking, and house chore type things. But she did use skulls and crossbones so I was in! I only have Hot Pick Halloween 1 so I've had to use that combined with Stazon and fresco Finish in Cinnamon.
This canvas was done to enter the Swanstitch challenge over at Arty Inklings a few twitter buddies were discussing it on Saturday morning and I thought the idea was a good one.
I started by trying to get the streaky background - easy when you don't want to, darned tricky when you do. I used dark blue paint at the top and gradually lightened it as I went down the canvas until I got to "ground" level where I added in green.
I then mixed Grunge paste with granite paint and using an acetate stencil I made from the Tim Holtz die - man with brolly, and used for the Roman Letters (I think) to look like the letters were raining down. Finally I stamped the sentiment from PaperArtsy set HPXT04.
This week on PaperArtsy we have begun a new semester so therefore we have a new batch of Guest Designers. Alison Bomber is the lucky one to be kicking this semester off.
Here is my take on her 2nd project. To get to the result I did I had to shortcut a bit as I don't have Crackly Tissue and didn't think greaseproof was a worthy alternative, I also couldn't find the gazillion small tags I have.
I started by stripping back a corrugated box lid and painting it in grey acrylic paint, I backed the large tags in book pages (sorry Mr Maconie) and then used the same grey to knock back the printing. I used a combination of Gathered Twigs and Vintage Photo for the distressing, with liquid Brushed corduroy for the splatters. I used Hotpicks HP1005, 1006 and 1206 for the images which were all stamped in Versafine Vintage sepia and the eagle eyed among you will notice Darcy's Butterfly from EDY02
For this tag for Dragon@s Dream TIO I started by painting a Kraft Tag in Blue acrylic paint, I then used Fresco Finish Beach Hut to go through a punchinella stencil for the stars, I then used Kan Ban clear stamps for the notes and piano keyboard, stamp in versafine onyx black.
Mean while I used the Onyx black to stamp the heart from a new set of stamps by Darcy_uk_ for PaperArtsy onto a pre cut die cut - hence it's not spot on. I then spritzed it with Dylusions spray in a blue shade. I also stamped the KanBan music score in Versafine sepia onto tissue paper and allowed to dry while I glued the heart onto the tag. I then laid the music over the bottom of the tag and spritzed in the same blue and took off the excess with a dry baby wipe. Finally adding the sentiment from a Creative Expressions stamp set.
I had treated muself to an 8X8 standing desk calendar to create for myself for work, I didn't realise how many sides I would actually have to play with, it turns out there are 16, so a 16 month calendar it had to be.
This is month 1 or September, I used distress inks to make the background and utilised Dark Room Door and Eco Green Stamps to create the design, and used the Memory Box Penny Farthing die as an added embellishment.