Saturday 9 November 2013

Double Trouble

No you're safe, I'm not blogging about my daughters.  This is a double post for two challenges, both with a PaperArtsy feel.

First Alison Bomber did a mask technique using the positive and negative on two tags.  I took two size 10 tags and used Bora bora through a fluer de lis stancil on tag 1, I flipped the stencil and printed the negative on tag 2, this took some working out.  I then used Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers distress inks to fill in the open areas.  I then stamped the script from OP3 in Teal Satzon, the watches from ID09 in Cactus Green and the sentiment from EDY03 on tag 1 and the lady from WW1 on tag 2 both in Royal purple.






Second Darcy who is on the DT for PaperArtsy has a competition running on her blog art-and-sole to win her new stamps, the idea is to take one or two stamps and see how many techniques you ca come up with and make different styles with just those stamps.  I had a go but ran out of time, it didn't help that 2 attempts were umitigating disasters, one got binned, the other has been included.

I used the baubles and sentiment from EDY03 (I think they're both on the same set as I forgot to check before coming back downstairs, if not then EDY04 was also used) The first I stamped with versfine in black and used distress markers to colour the baubles in.  The second I used Peacock Feathers Distress ink to cover the card and again Black versafine was used.  Lastly I tried to use crunchy wax paper (badly) and used Fresco finish paints to create an arty background (again badly) but hey, at least I had a go.



6 comments:

Helen said...

The tags look great, and so do your Christmas cards - love the baubles.

craftimamma said...

love the tags Jax! The fleur de lis stencil worked brilliantly for the negative.

Well done on the Christmas cards. I don't get on with the wax paper very well at all. The bauble image is lovely. I've only managed 2 so far. Going back to try at last one more after I've had food ;-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Tags are great Jax, very jewel like qualities with the colour blending. Fab cards too, my fave is the blue one, I like how you offset the baubles.

massofhair said...

Beautiful Tags & lovely cards Jax, loving how you used the bauble stamp:-) x

Words and Pictures said...

Love your double trouble tags - it's a lovely stencil, and the stamp choices are great. Thanks so much for joining in.
Alison x

Etsuko said...

Beautiful two Tags. Stamping is good combo with brilliant the background. I love it.