Sunday 10 November 2013

My entry in the Great Northern Bake Off (most imaginative apron category)

This project was inspired by the above and a project Darcy_UK_ did a few months back on PaperArtsy blog.

I used a hugely expensive plain calico apron from a local(ish) chain store Boyes (it was a bank breaking £2).

I then set about using a combination of Viva Las Vegas stamps own stamps (the Dr Who themed pocket) some Stampendous stamps (boot and Harley) and the remainder were Paper Artsy. Please don't ask which plates as I've slept since then.  I then set to painting the main images with a selection of translucent and semi opaque Fresco Finishes diluted to wash consistency.



















6 comments:

Helen said...

£2?? Bet you could sell it for loads more now, it looks fabulous, well done. I love the stamps you've used on the apron.

Anonymous said...

It turned out great, I love the stamps you used, especially the Doctor Who ones.

craftimamma said...

Fab result Jax! Had to laugh at the 'fish fingers and custard' image, Bleurgh, lol! It looks great!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Looks great, love the inclusion of the skulls, lol get in that kitchen and whip up some cakes now.

massofhair said...

Stunning Apron Jax!!! Enjoying the Dr Who stamps, obviously made for Matt Smiths incarnation with Amelia Pond...

I imagine you will raise loads of money after people realise how much time & effort went into it. Hope you do one for yourself sometime.

Great share, great project & greatly admired:-) xxx

Unknown said...

That's fab hunni! xx