Monday 18 November 2013

Sam threw down the gauntlet and I picked it up

This blogpost is in part Sam's fault. Over on SwanStitch there is a Christmas challenge and Sam did a quick make to bump up the numbers earlier in the month, she then went ahead and submitted another entry as there is no limit, other than it has to be Christmas and contain some stamping.

For project one I did the Santa Christmas plaque and featured here are entries 2 and 3.

Entry 2

I started this last year, I had gotten as far as backing the shape with paper and attaching the ribbon and then I was stuck.  I had the baubles from EDY04 already stamped onto double sided adhesive sheet from another project and decided to guild these and stick to acetate.  I then used the holly flourish template with Fresco Finish Paint Toad Hall sponged through and pink stickles for the berries.  I then used a papermania die cut sentiment for the focal point.


Entry 3

For this one I used a Christmas bauble blank from the MDF man, I used Cinnamon Fresco Finish (well cinnamon is a christmassy thing innit?) to base coat it, I then used flitter glue to stamp the Cog Christmas tree from Chocolate Baroque and guilded it, I then added some watch parts and the Penny Farthing charm.




6 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous, Jax! I still haven't entered one yet let alone 3!

Unknown said...

Wow I wonder how many you'll enter!!
Thanks for taking part x

craftimamma said...

Well, I kicked it off but you and Sam are going great guns now. I have been busy with more Christmassy makes but can't show them because they are gifts :-(.

Love the gilded baubles and CB cog tree!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Julie Lee said...

Well done, you! These are lovely makes! I shall have to get my skates on and try to enter at least another Christmas make! Julie Ann xx

sam21ski said...

Right, well, I obviously need to return the favour as I am now lagging behind!!

Great makes and good luck, I shall be back with another little something!!

Sam xx

Anonymous said...

They are fantastic, I love the bauble.