Saturday, 31 August 2013

Darcy made me do it

Over on PaperArtsy it's Darcy's last week of the symester and she made some stamp storage from a box (not just any box but a PA box).

I started out with this

this box arrived at work containing a telephone headset (to be fair, we got a large box containing quite a few) so I snaffled a couple of empty ones to have a go at altering (am hoping to bag a few more as the headsets get handed out).

I started by cutting the lid off and utilising this to create the divider in the storage.  I based the whole lot with a grey acrylic and went round the lot with Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze (quelle surprise I hear you all shout).

I then top coated it all in Fresco Finish Cheesecake and then set about the stamping.  I used Versafine Vintage Sepia and Black and the following stamps (all stored in the box) Femme plate 4, Petals plate 5, MN 01, 08, 30, 81, 85 and 88, SICC2 and USPT3.

This is how it looks now

I am also entering this into Through the Craft room door - anything goes

Monday, 26 August 2013

Inspired by Helen Chilton

Being PaperArtsy's 10th Birthday month we have been inspired by many Guest Designers over the course of each weekend this month.  Here is my take on what Helen Chilton did on Sunday.

I started with a pre paint and crackled heart I had awaiting final decoration, I also used this heart as a template to cut a smaller heart out of Grey Board.  I painted this to match.  I then stamped the images from LPC003 onto tissue and painted highlights on the reverse in Bora Bora, Zesty Zing, Rose, Cinnamon and pansy and then once dry went over the whole in Concrete to make the highlights pop a bit.

I stamped the script from HP1006 onto both sides of the big heart and the front of the little one (should have not done the little one to define it from the big one but hey ho).  I then attached the boy image to the little heart and attached this to the front.  I stuck the lady on the back and stencilled Very Berry through the leaf design.



As everyone else seems to take photos in their gardens I decided to make use of my Juniper!

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Carol Quance Inspired

This week on PaperArtsy blog it's Carol Quance's last week as guest designer.  Carol altered a pencil case, I have altered a pencil box into a memory box.

I started with Grunge Paste and a stencil, I liked the bees as I had recently bought a Memory Box die of bumble bees (that are miniscule and self assembly) and wanted an excuse to try them.

I based the whole thing in Fresco Finish Cinnamon, then Crackle glazed areas, then I covered the whole thing in a rough and ready coat of Cheesecake, and using an old knackered brush highlighted the stencilled area in Pumkin Soup.  Using the grasses from HP105 and sepia versafine I "stamped in the hand" a border around the base of the box and used the sentiment from ID06 to "title" the piece.

Sunday, 18 August 2013

Big Daisies in the Crack'd Vase

Here's a rarity! I'm entering 2 into the PaperArtsy play along!!!!!!!!!

Michelle did a panel onto wood - I didn't have one so here is my take on Grey Board cut to 6X4

I based it in Fresco Finish Cinnamon, then scraped Crackle Glaze over this.  I then lathered on the cheesecake, followed by a wash of Pumpkin soup.  The cross hatching I did in concrete and the circles (spritzer bottle lid) were Blood Orange, I then tempered it back with the cheescake that was left on my sponge and did a bit thru a scrap of punchinella.  Finally the stamping was done in versafine sepia using JOFY09

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Have a Heart

For those of you that follow me on twitter will know the last few weeks after necessarily been the best weeks I've ever had, well to try and recover my equilibrium I had a craft day today.

Over on PaperArtsy this week France Pappillon is rounding off her semester and has done some work with hearts.

I base coated mine in Fresco Finish Very Berry and went straight over the top with Blood Orange as it's the only red I have and as it's translucent it needed an opaque colour underneath.  I then used the bubbles from JoFy 09 to frame the words and used the words from HPXT03, both were stamped using Concrete Fresco Finish.

Thursday, 1 August 2013

A placemat that thinks it's a clock

This month's Altered Eclectics piece

For this project I used a "take" on a play along from PaperArtsy guest designer Darcy W, where we altered a coaster, but I decided to supersize it and use a cork table mat to make a clock.

Cork Place mat before

I sealed it with white gesso and then base coated in dark green acrylic paint, I then mixed Fresco Finish Guacamole with Kroma crackle medium and covered the whole thing, then left it all to dry, which took about 15 hours.  Once completely dry and crackled I used a combination of Indigo Blu and Graphic45 stamps to decorate.  I finished off by adding the clock mechanism and hands.

I am entering this in :